Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Falling In Reverse - "Alone" (SONG REVIEW)


A lot of great things have been going on recently, but instead of touching on those like I should, I've decided to talk about the new Falling In Reverse single, "Alone". There isn't much to say besides that it sucks. I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of Ronnie Radke as a person, but as a musician I really enjoy Escape The Fate's first album, Dying is Your Latest Fashion, as well as the majority of Falling In Reverse's debut album, "The Drug in Me is You". I suppose I was a little excited to hear new music from Falling In Reverse, mainly due to  Ronnie hyping it up as if it were going exceed The Beatles...I hate to shock anybody who really thought they'd write the next Stairway to Heaven, but "Alone" comes up a bit short.

In short, Ronnie took everything that I liked in his music and flushed it right down the toilet. Instead of reminding me of old post-hardcore emo bands like From First To Last, Ronnie raps about embarrassing things like Charlie Sheen tweets, 2013, haters, Gucci 'Sneaks', and other things I stopped listening for. It's fucking 2013, since when are Charlie Sheen and winning jokes still relevant   For a band that had a sliver of potential to be unique, utilizing an uninspired techno/trance backing track for the verse and a radio-pop chorus, they lost all of the little hope I had for them. Not to mention, Ronnie's new screaming sounds a little too similar to Abandon All Ships, and I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing. The only redeeming thing about "Alone" is the end breakdown, which is then ruined by Ronnie's poetic lyrics, "SO BREAK YOUR MOTHER FUCKING NECK" accompanied by a god awful auto-tuned verse that even Lil' Wayne would be ashamed of.

I've never been so ashamed to have liked a band after hearing new music. Normally I can work through the differences and find something to like, but in Falling In Reverse's case, I can't. I haven't been this uninterested  in something since I heard the band, Upon This Dawning or Capture The Crown. Being uninspired is one thing, but making a mockery of yourself is another. I hate to say it, but if the rest of Falling In Reverse's album sound like "Alone", they might as well just rename themselves Hollywood Undead. Check out "Alone" for yourselves below, and I promise my next entry will be about something good.


No comments:

Post a Comment